Top 5 Pearls of Wisdom:
Petra Zink is a prominent figure in the Future of Work space. Petra is a consultant to many companies helping them attract and recruit talent, build brand identities and also works in the personal career coaching space.
Over the last 5 years Petra has specialised in helping companies and their leaders to grow their Businesses & Careers by combining Branding, Marketing, Coaching and Recruitment expertise to build their Brands so they can stand out for all the right reasons.
Petra has also coached over 300 Digital/Marketing & Technology Professionals on building & managing their Brand and have worked with 50+ companies on their Talent Strategies & Tactics.
Petra is an amazing personal brand specialist and has the following top 5 pearls of wisdom to help with your personal brand and career.
- You need to be your own number 1 first and foremost. There is nothing selfish about wanting to be at your best as this means to can give your best to others. Knowing and owning your point of difference and what makes you tick is how you can positively influence others and this is where you can make the biggest impact. If that means you need to have some alone time to work out, to listen to podcasts, to read a book, to catch up with friends, then plan it and put it in your diary as your me-ting. For me, me-time is so important as I’m one of the biggest introverts you will ever meet and I recharge from being on my own.
- If you don’t sacrifice for what you want, what you want becomes the sacrifice. No matter how much you love certain things, you always have to also take the sh*$ sandwich with it. If you are willing to sacrifice the short term pleasure, you will get the long term rewards
- If you don’t take control over your career and life, someone else will do it for sure. Fact is, no matter how junior or senior you are, which role or industry you are at – people put us in a box based on their perception. And as we know, perception = reality. The good news about it is that we can influence this perception – in a good and in a not so good way. Many people complain about not being able to progress in their career, missing out on opportunities or never get chosen for a step up – well, this is a reflection of the behaviour we put out there and what others observe. They pick up on what we put out there.
- If you are in a jar, you can’t see the label. People often believe that they ‘just’ need another degree, more experience, an MBA, to get ahead. However, no knowledge in this world can make up for perspective. It’s often that we are stuck in a situation and hope that external factors like another degree, more years of experience under the belt, will help to change that situation but most often it’s a matter of being clear with ourselves and gain a new perspective that often changes everything.
- No one is you and that’s your super power. In a world of more competition than ever before, with more noise than ever before – it’s harder to stand out. However, the only way to stand out without being loud and one that no one else can compete with us is by being our full self. Owning this requires courage as it will mean rejection, but when you realise the potential you and your story have and when you share it, this is when magic happens. Then you have realised the 2nd most important day in your life (after your birthday).
If you would like to get in touch with Petra feel free to send out a connection request via her LinkedIn profile: LinkedIn
Petra also co-hosts a great podcast called We ‘R’ Future – all about the future of work – fascinating stuff that you can tune into here:
Check out the great work Petra is doing at Impaccct here: