Top 5 Pearls of Wisdom with Simone Jeavons:
Simone Jeavons is an industry leading Organisational Psychologist who specialises in leadership development, executive coaching and cultural alignments. She enjoys building strong working relationships with her clients to achieve the best results for both her client and the organisation. Between working on leadership projects and coaching her clients, Simone takes groups of professionals to a remote island off Vanuatu to find themselves.
Since I have personally engaged Simone for her one on one coaching services, attended her retreats and workshop facilitation, I can attest she is one of the most influential leaders in her industry! For those that tuned into my appearance on the Beneath the Surface Podcast, you will be familiar with the work Simone has done to help me find my purpose in life and bringing the vision of Rapid Mentoring to life.
Here are Simone’s top 5 pearls of wisdom for finding yourself and reaching your full potential.
- Expand your mind by reading books – here are my top 3 reads of all time:
- Eckhart Tolle’s The Power of Now is one of those books that has the power to change the way you look at life. I first read it in 2008, then a few years later I found a special hardcover edition that takes pride on my bookshelf and I continue to pick it up and read a chapter every time I need some inspiration.
- Daring and Disruptive by Lisa Messenger (and the Daring and Disruptive Playbook) was another one that really struck a cord for me. It gets you into the creative space where you start thinking anything really is possible!
- Lastly, The Motivation Manifesto by Brendon Burchard is another favourite of mine, focusing on how you can live your best possible life.
- Find something that you love to do and keep doing it. Just continue to develop yourself in that space, even if you can’t see just yet how you can turn it into a career. I am a true believer of strengths based development and if you are that passionate about it, you will find a way to make it your career. When you find yourself in ‘flow’ this is a clear sign that you are doing something right. Keep in mind that just because you are good at doing something, doesn’t mean you should be doing it. Do what excites you and makes you want to leap out of bed in the morning.
- Say ‘yes’. To everything. Even if it frightens the life out of you. This is how you learn and begin to identify what you love and what you don’t. It also sets you up to possess a breadth of skills that are transferable which translates into more career opportunities. Playing cautious with your career gets you nowhere. My motto is ‘Just jump’.
- You have the power to create your own reality. If you don’t like something that is happening in your career, change it. If things aren’t going to plan, do something about it. The moment that you realise that you are in control of your life, you stop giving your power away to others and things start to change for the better. You are the master of your own destiny so believe in yourself and take considered action.
- Do yoga or meditation. Or both. Have something outside of work that allows you to completely turn off, to give you ‘space’ in your mind. It is when we turn off that we are able to listen to our intuition and the answers to the questions we have been asking, come to us. If you don’t give yourself the space to stop and listen, you’ll never hear those really important messages. And when you get those ‘gut feelings’, trust them. Your intuition is one of the most powerful tools you will ever possess. Use it.
If you would like to get in touch with Simone try the following channels,
Or check out the blog from my time on the Retreat here: